Thursday, April 19, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday - April 19





Substitutions: Egg Beaters for whole eggs, your favorite cheese can be used instead of Monterey Jack, any precooked seafood can be used

Seafood Crustless Quiche

Butter Flavored Oil Spray (PAM)
10 eggs, Beaten
1 cup light cream
1 8 ounce pkg shredded reduced fat cheese (Monterey Jack)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 6 oz can cooked crab, drained
1 6 oz can cooked salad shrimp, drained
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (about 2 shakes)
6 scallions, thinly sliced (both white and green parts)

Spray the sides and bottom of crockpot. In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, cream, cheese, and pepper. Stir in the crab, shrimp, Tabasco and scallions. Pour mixture into crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. Do not overcook or the quiche will be dry.

9 comments:

Trista said...

YUM!!! I love Seafood!!! :D

Sherry said...

Wow, this truly looks divine!

Have a great week,

Sherry

Heartthoughts said...

Hi Rona ;)!
We love seafood here at home. Never heard of this recipe, to be honest. I am copying it down to give it a whirl soon!

mjpuzzlemom said...

I am wondering if you have made this? Eggs are one of the few things I have not tried in my crockpot.


MJ

Posh Mama said...

Let us know how it turns out, it sounds pretty good to me!

Sandra said...

OMG we LOVE seafood here at home, this one is definitely going on my menus :)

Jennifer said...

So is this really as good as it sounds? Eggs in the crockpot - interesting, but I'm kinda afraid to try it! But I'm printing the recipe!

annie said...

looks good.
Blessings~~
♥ Annie
My Life as Annie!

alisonwonderland said...

that sounds yummy!