Friday, May 15, 2009

I Love Pancakes and Waffles - Box or Scratch?


In celebration, I decided to have a drawing! I'll be giving away a $25 gift certificate from vinylvineyard at Etsy.com.

Just leave a comment during the month of May, on June 1, 2009 I'll pull a name!


I just love Pancakes and Waffles. I think the love affair started when my dad would treat us to breakfast at IHop Restaurants. Their pancakes were delicious!

These days, I like to make them from scratch. They taste better and I know what ingredients are in the mix. (no sugar)

So, do you make your's from scratch or know of a killer box mix?

7 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

From scratch all the way!!!! Nothing compares to homemade waffles or pancakes. I think you may have just sparked something here - perhaps I'll have to enjoy myself some pancakes this weekend.

Loren said...

We found a pancake recipe years ago and there is nooooo way we would ever go back to box!

Hope you have a blessed weekend

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I do both but when I use mix, I add cinnamon and a little vanilla flavoring. That sounds like a good meal for dinner tonight!

Fresh Mommy said...

Ohhh, I love both pancakes and waffles and for a long time used the box, but now all natural from scratch!! YUM! They are better that way.

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Nichole said...

We usually use a box mix but I just found a Swedish pancake recipe on a blog that I'll be trying soon.

Congrats on 4 years of blogging!!! What an accomplishment! I've only been at it about 2 years and I'm struggling!!

Organized Nutrition said...

AH, I do love them... I don't eat them often, but my kids scarf them down!!!!
I always make them from scratch. I cook up bunches and bunches of both and freeze them for quick breakfasts before school!
I started my affair when my Dad used to cook waffles for us every weekend!!!! YUM!

Life with Kaishon said...

I definitely use a box Rona!