Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Proud to be Poor - Moms of Faith

Proud to be Poor

I decided to get up early this morning to enjoy some well deserved quiet and do some blog visiting. That's when I came across Moms of Faith's Proud to Be Poor. (Isn't the Heavenly Father great!)

Lindsay shares her experience as a new Christian and her understanding of “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:3)

I really loved what her pastor shared about this verse. “To be poor in spirit means to have desperate need. This is how we all come to God.”

Over the years, I've felt a little awkward as a Christian. It's been more then 7 years since I accepted Christ and was baptized. Yet I still feel like a beginner. Well, after reading Lindsay's post I realize it's all good!

Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Thanks for stopping by to visit.:)