Monday, May 30, 2011

Lighting Storm is Approaching! Unplug Your Electronics and Phones!


My husband says when I hear lighting I'm like a rabbit because I start running from room to room unplugging our electronics and phones!


Between my childhood memory of our tv set getting fried, the property gate getting zapped and waiting for almost 2 months for the replacement component, working for San Diego Gas & Electric and now Century Link and hearing the upset customers, you can bet that's my first concern!


I suggest that you review your home or rental insurance policies and inside wire maintenance plans to verify if your equipment is covered for lighting strikes. Some companies do not cover for that type of incident!


Consider investing in a Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) with built in surge protector. Here's where the more you spend the better protected.


An External Hard Drive Back-Up should be part of all work at home, telecommuters and home business equipment list.


So, with summer storms approaching please unplug your electronics and phones! You can read more about why you should protect your equipment lighting and electric surges here!


No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...