Saturday, June 11, 2011

Coping with the Loss of Intimacy in Your Marriage - Depression

First of all, I'm not going to be getting graphic on the subject. Let's just say it's just not my style. 

I cannot even talk about the topic openly with my therapist. And I'm paying her by the hour!  But as a depression sufferer the loss of intimacy has never been an issue for me. 

Usually, after starting a new medication I might be a little tired but I usually bounce back to my old self in a few days or a week. 

Things are different with the Savella.  Let's just say that the faucet is completely off.  I cannot even work up the effort to hug or kiss my husband in fear he's going to want more. 

So, here I am actually feeling stress free in over 11 years.  My rashes are finally starting to clear up.  I'm not grinding my teeth during the day.  And I may need to stop taking my medication because it's causing problems in my marriage.  Ugh!

Well, that all I'm able to share on that topic!

ps  I did find a terrific link about the man's take on the woman's loss of libido.  Let's just say it was a huge eye opener to me.  I hope it's helpful to others.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely relate to your problem. I have suffered chronic pain and illness for over 30 yrs. I have pretended to enjoy intimacy and just cannot do it anymore. I sleep in a recliner due to the pain of sleeping in a bed while my husband sleeps in the bed. We are still very sweet and loving towards each other but the intimacy is gone from our marriage. My husband is very understanding and loving, while I am eat up with guilt. I feel like I have let my best friend down and there is nothing I can do about it. I am too exhausted to do anything more than hug and a peck on the cheek. I wish I didn't feel so bad about myself.

Brambos said...

I wish I had an answer that would lift you and make you feel better. I have no words of encouragement except go by your heart. Get well within, then the rest will heal. I was in a MVA in 2000, my husband stayed angry from the moment he found out I was hurt. He stayed mean towards me. I never recovered from the hurtful words and feelings so I never worried about the intimacy again. I worried about my place with GOD. If I made HIM happy, I would live. That mattered to me.
GOOD LUCK on this. My furbabies give me unconditional smooches now.
Betty

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...