Saturday, June 04, 2011

EllaEm's Soul Food Restaurant - Couple Time

Last month my adorable husband treated me to a leisurely dinner at EllaEm's Soul Food Restaurant in North Las Vegas.

The restaurant is very close to our home so we walked there. 

I love that the food is made from scratch and orders aren't prepared till they're placed.  It gives you plenty of time to unwind, talk and just enjoy yourselves.   This version of soul food isn't to be eaten very often and is consider a treat.

The establishment doesn't serve liqour but we're aren't drinkers. I love the decor, red, black and white colors and a large photo of Ella Rey Gray, the inspiration. 

Our waitress was cute, bubbly and attentive!   She's a perfect fit for this family owned business. 

There's so many delicious choices on the menu. Charles decided on the Country Fried Steak, Red Beans and Rice, Fried Cabbage and Mashed Potatoes with Gravy.  I ordered the Fried Catfish Fillets, Collard Greens, Mac n Cheese, and Black-Eyed Beans! 

We ordered iced tea with lemon, to start.  A little later our waitress presented us with 2 corn muffins with butter.  I love that they weren't too sweet.  As Goldilocks would have said, "They're just right"!   They're small but you'll find that youself savoring every bite!

When the food arrived we took a moment to just take it all in.  I remember him taking my hand while we said a silent prayer. 

We're that couple who eats off each other's plate!  And everything was amazing! 

We've been very good so why not have a dessert to wrap up our meal? Charles ordered us 2 cups of coffee and a Peach Cobbler with two spoons. 

On our way home I think we a longer route home to enjoy the cool night breeze!

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...