Friday, June 03, 2011

I'm Starting a New Medication This Weekend - Savella

I mentioned to my pain management doctor that I have been experiencing an increase of arm and hand spasms and sharp deep throbbing pain.  My stress and anxiety have been overwhelming.

My doctor wants to start me on a month's trial of Savella.  Currently I'm only taking an anti-depressant, sleep aid, muscle relaxers and pain meds. 

I looked it up and it appears it addresses your serotonins... mood and anxiety for those suffering from Fibromyaligia.

As with any new treatment I'm scared as well as hoping that it works.  It's no fun putting your body through the side effects if it isn't going to work!

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...