Thursday, July 28, 2011

Isn't It Funny How Much One Can Enjoy a Required Reading After Graduating From High School?

Our son, Marcus was telling me yesterday that he recently re-read Animal Farm and was now reading 5 People Who Meet in Heaven.

I remember my husband requiring Marcus to read it in the 9th grade.  He did protest but once he started reading it he loved it!

As we were chatting I started thinking about how much I enjoyed reading the All Quiet on the Western Front when I was out of high school.

Is there a book that you loved re-reading after you've graduated?

1 comment:

the Moms said...

I try to read my kids books that they have for assignments and have re-read Steinbacks "The Pearl" and "The Red Pony", as well as some poetry. I love listening to them discuss their interpretation of books both of us have read

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...