Monday, July 11, 2011
Red, White & Blue Cake and Ice Cream Treats in a Mason Jar - A Summer Treat
1 Quart Whipping Cream
3 tablespoons Sugar
2 tablespoon Vanilla
Red & Blue Food Coloring
Vanilla & Strawberry First Street Ice Cream from Smart & Final
First Street ice cream toppings
1. Heat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Begin by mixing together a box of white cake mix. Smart and Final has the option to purchase either the Duncan Hines cake mix boxes or they have a large bag of First Street Cake Mix you can buy. I decided to go with the small box for the purpose of this recipe.
3. Divide the cake mix evenly in three bowls.
4. Take one bowl of white cake mix and put it to the side. Add red food coloring to the second bowl and blue food coloring to the third. I went with a 4th of July theme, but you can use this recipe for any occasion.
5. Mix well so that all the color blends evenly into the cake mix.
6. Grab your cupcake pans and get ready to pour. I chose to use cupcake liners to bake and then remove them later, but you can use also just Pam Butter Spray and put the mix directly into the cupcake pan.
7. Bake your cupcakes for the allotted amount of time on the box.
8. When your timer goes off, take out your cupcakes and set them on the counter to cool. This will take a couple of hours.
9. Take all the cupcakes out of the liners and cut them in half.
10. Mix up some Heavy Whipping Cream, Sugar and Vanilla extract using egg beaters in a separate bowl. You can also use whipping cream from a can, I just love how fresh whipped cream tastes.
11. Grab a mason jar and we’re ready to build our treat. Add 1/2 a red cupcake, then create a small layer of whipping cream. Add 1/2 a white cupcake, then another small layer of whipping cream. Then finally add 1/2 a blue cupcake. Grab your First Street Ice Cream (I got both Strawberry and Vanilla) and add a scoop to the top. You can then add some more whip cream, a cherry, a variety of great First Street toppings and top it off with some syrup.
12. Now you and your guests can enjoy a yummy treat all contained a pretty mason jar!!
My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...
When I'm short on time and still need to make dinner this is my go-to recipe . What's your go-to recipe? Korean Beef with Brown...
Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life topic for this week is desserts! Just in time for the holiday season! Our family favorite desserts ...
I'm a huge fan of pancakes and love making them from scratch. Here's the recipe that I've been using for years courtesy of Bett...