Friday, July 22, 2011

Share Your Marriage Advice Tip at Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life!

My best 2 marriage advice tips came from a good friend and my mother!

A good friend shared this with me :  "Treat your husband like a king and he'll treat you like a queen"!  Oh man was she right!  After 15 years it's just automatic that I think of him first and want to pamper my Big Daddy daily!   

Mom's advice came early in my marriage so here's my spin on it!  "If you want me to sit at your dinner table tomorrow don't tell me what stupid thing your husband did."  I never understood why people share the details of fights and such with their mother.  She's your mom!  She's going to want to protect you!  

You and your husband make up!  Then head to mom's for Sunday dinner and you're wondering why she wants to throw a pot of hot grits at your hubby?  "Meow"!

 I do welcome the advice especially that our main focus isn't on daily parenting of our Bacon Eating Kid. (he's 19 years old and will be leaving in a year) We're looking at a new stage of our lives as a couple with an empty nest.   Scary? Yes!  Exciting?  Yes!

Do you want to join in on the fun on Show Us Your Life?  Head over to Kelly's Korner!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I agree with your advice! I learned the hard way! My mom and I are so close, and when my husband and I were dating and first married, I would tell her everything and then get confused why she didn't forgive him as quickly as I did! HA. Now I only tell her the good stuff or the times when I goofed (and what I learned from it) :)

Great post!

Dana said...

That is great advice on not telling ur momma all the bad things about the hubs and then expecting her to be all okay with it :D Thanks for the sweet comment! Hoping you enjoy the new road ahead with your hubs as your son leaves the nest! God bless :)

Lori Alexander said...

I love that you said to treat him like a king....great advice. It took me a long time to learn that but it has worked wonders!

Cassie said...

Great advice! I always try to make my husband look good to my mom. One time, her dog was sick and she was really upset about it. I told my husband to call her and talk to her about it. She called me the next day saying he had called her and how sweet & thoughtful he is. I just agreed!

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...