Friday, August 26, 2011

Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life: Baby Showers!

One of the gifts that I received after Marcus was born.  We have it hanging in our living area wall.
This Friday's Show Us Your Life at Kelly's Korner is Your Baby Showers! You can post your baby showers photos and comments or those who've thrown at your blog and then link back to Kelly's Korner.

I was blessed with experiencing 4 baby showers when I was pregnant with Marcus, in my hometown of Portland, Maine, 19 years ago!  Unfortunately I don't have any of the photos except this one.  My sister, Rhonda, threw me a large surprise baby shower and Yes, I was surprised!

I laugh when I see all of that hair!  While I was pregnant my hair grew like crazy.  And check out those black and white checkered leggings?! Yikes!

I remember receiving amazing gifts, including a crib from my mom, handmade knitted hats, socks and jackets,3 high chairs, and 2 playpens!  The food was delicious.  At one baby shower we even had a turkey dinner with all the trimmings!

My mother's job even threw her a grandmother shower!  She received a car seat, stroller, high chair, play pens and lots of clothes!  Now, don't you think that should be grandmother showers should be a trend?

I'm looking forward to visiting the blog participants for baby shower game and party ideas for the future.  When my Little One gets married one day and blesses us with a grand baby or two I will be honored to host a baby shower!


No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...