Friday, January 20, 2012

Etta James, Singer, Passed Away ~ "At Last"

My husband stuck his head into the shower and informed me that Etta James had died. It wasn't much of a surprise due her admittance to the hospital for multiple conditions, including leukemia.

I will always remember the Valentine's Day that my husband treated us to tickets to see her perform in Las Vegas. She walked out to the stage, with assistance, sat down and the stool and began sharing stories and belting out some tunes.

Unfortunately, the show was stopped early due to her declining health and the tickets were refunded.

When my husband and I took to the dance floor after renewing our wedding vows, 3 years ago he had them play "At Last" by Etta James. We just love the words of that song.

We pray that Miss James' family and friends will find comfort in the fact she is now at peace. We will truly miss her.

Etta James in seen during the 2006 New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival in New Orleans on Saturday, April 29, 2006.(AP Photo/Jeff Christensen)

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...