Sunday, January 01, 2012

I'm Watching "All Creatures Great and Small" This Evening!

When my pain gets worst this on my favorite TV shows to watch on DVD or on Netflix Watch Instantly.

This was a series that I got hooked on while living in Portland, Maine many years ago. Every Sunday, I watched the trials and misadventures of the staff of a country veterinary office in 1940's Yorkshire, on the local PBS channel.

Tristan, Siegfried, Helen and James ~ All Creatures Great and Small

James Herriot is a vet in Yorkshire, England, during the 1940's. He is assigned to the practice of Siegfried Farnon, who already has a successful vet business. James undergoes a variety of adventures during his work, which are just as often caused by the characters of the county (including the Farnon brothers) as the animals in his care.

Over the years, Marcus has become a fan of the show. He'll sit with me and watch a few episodes. I love hearing him laugh even when Siegfried yells at his brother, Tristan Farnon for his latest mistake.

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...