Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I've Started My SSDI Claim Today

After a short discussion with my husband we have decided that I will not be returning to work. It's time to start listening to my body.


I've contacted a law firm to file my Social Security Disability Insurance claim today. They'll take care of the initial filing and process, for me.

Time will only tell how long it will take for me to receive my benefits. Some people get approved within months and others take years.

In the meantime, I will continue to see a primary doctor to keep my medical records updated. I also need to consolidate my medical history for the last 11 years. (that will keep me busy)

I would also love to hear from those of you that have had experience with filing a SSDI disability claim. Please feel free to share your comments.

2 comments:

Erminia Cavins said...

Hiring a law firm was a good move. We all know that there are tons of paperwork to be dealt with, which can get confusing without any professional help. Anyway, when did you get your SSDI? It's been over a year, so I'm hoping that you already have yours approved by now.

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

Thanks for asking.
My claim has been denied and is going into the the judge phase.

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...