Friday, January 13, 2012

January Clean Up: Sharing Old Photos and Memories

Yesterday, I decided to sort through the containers of family photos. I really need to organized and catalog those photos. After all, one day our son will inherit these photos.

In the meantime, I went ahead and redid our living room wall gallery. I just love the touch of red from the cranberry wreath. I'm also fond of these framed quotes! To make them special I purchased inexpensive frames for under $5 at Big Lots.

At this memo board I added a couple of school pictures, photos from the husband's youth and military travels. Marcus was quick to spot the Ford sports car which belonged to my husband's brother, Tony. "Why did you get rid of the car Dad?"

I got a big smile when I found a photo of my family house in Maine. Some good memories such as Charles to meeting my family and Marcus' first 2 years. I haven't been back to Maine but I sure do miss all of that green grass, trees and Amatos Italians!

Chris, Charles' sister, gave me a box of family photos before she died. I was thrilled to discover that there were 3 copies of this photo of their parents' wedding. I later gave one to Marcus.

Marcus freaked when he found out that this was the bike my husband rode as a teen. He turned around and said "Where's my bike"?!

My husband and I loved sharing family stories behind the photos with Marcus. He was thrilled when I present him with his share of family photo.

Here's to sharing old photos and memories with our kids!

1 comment:

Healthy Branscoms said...

Love this! :) I am new to your blog and wanted to say hi. Dropping by from kelly's korner. :) Erin

www.healthybranscoms.com

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...