Saturday, January 14, 2012

The New Betty Crocker Big Red Cookbook Has Arrived!

It was time to retire our Betty Crocker Big Red Cookbook. Over the years, it has definitely served our family well. It has the stains and ripped pages to proof many years of service.

When I got ready to throw the old Big Red into the trash Marcus asked me not to. He has too many fond memories of the 2 of us making cookies or pancakes from scratch.

Old Big Red, pancake and waffle recipe with lots of wear and tear

Lots of peanuts greeted me when I opened the box from Amazon.com!

New Big Red arrived wrapped!

How pretty!

In new Big Red the pancake and waffle recipes are now located in the Breakfast section.

New Big Red has a home with our other cookbooks!

1 comment:

Grandma Becky said...

I have an orange Betty Crocker cookbook, ring bound like yours, old...had it since I've been married, have a BC cookbook that's like a book with different recipes, also have Better Homes and Gardens old cookbook. Some stains but still usable. Love the memories they hold! Making galaxy cookies, Russian tea cakes with the kids. How the years have flown!

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...