Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Gas Prices: How Much Is It In Your Neck of the Woods?

Last Saturday, my husband and I rented a Uhaul pickup truck to run errands and do our monthly grocery shopping. And since hubby had to go into work early I was responsible for filling up the truck before dropping it off, in Sunday morning.
Since we rely on bus transportation, walk or ride a bike there's not much need to be watching the gas prices.
So when I went inside the Terrible's to put $20 on pump 8 the cashier and I started chatting about the gas prices in Southern California. I wasn't surprised when she shared with me that some areas are already at $5 while they have been informed that $8 has been seen in some places!
In my neck of the woods, North Las Vegas unleaded is around $3.80 with premium being $4.10. While driving through Summerlin Las Vegas, a more affluent suburb we did see unleaded over $4. (why is that?!)
I invite you to share with me what gas is going for in your neck of the woods. Also, are you planning on making some changes, such as buying a smaller car, hybrid, or using public transit? In order of appearance: The World Market Center is located next door to Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health, a view of from the Las Vegas Premium Outlet North parking lot, the Stratosphere Tower towards the left,the Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health in Las Vegas

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...