Thursday, March 15, 2012

I Still Enjoy Ironing! Do You?

There's not a lot of call for business attire these days. When Geico announced they were going to have business casual our dry cleaning bill was cut in half in the late '90s. When my husband worked for Hilton he wore a dress shirt and tie. I would spend the weekend ironing his shirts for the week. Unless I sent his shirts out to be laundered and starched. :) When I worked at home most of my clothes didn't require ironing. Let's face it the iron wasn't getting much use during those years! Now that my husband is working for the bus company his work shirts require ironing. And I'm starting to purchase clothes that need it too! I still enjoy ironing after 40+ years! I love the smell of the light starch as I run the iron across a shirt. And seeing and hearing the steam as I press my hubby's work shirts is always a thrill.

3 comments:

The Working Home Keeper said...

My Momma lives with us and takes care of the laundry. She LOVES to iron! She's been ironing since she was a little girl. Her grandmother taught her how by having her iron cloth napkins and handkerchiefs. We're all very neatly pressed here, even the childrens' jeans! My Momma even makes a little extra money by ironing for some family friends.

Mary Ellen
The Working Home Keeper

Simone said...

I hate to admit it but ironing is one of my least favorite things to do. Here in Oregon, most of the clothing worn doesn't require much ironing.

AsSnugAsABug said...

Yup, put me down as someone who avoids ironing as much as possible. ugh, can't stand it. I'm glad you enjoy it though :)

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...