Sunday, April 01, 2012

Jumping Tandem Sundays ~ Take Time for the Pain

As a severe chronic pain sufferer I don't get to walk away from my physical pain. It's always with me since 2000. And I almost let it destroy me.
For years I tried cover it up with varies opioids till I attempted suicide in April 2010.
I then found myself in a mental institution, humbled, wearing a crappy medical gown, issued socks and flip flops. I now had no place to run from my pain. And I knew the Heavenly Father had a play in me being there.
I remember falling to the cold bare floor, crying out "I finally get it Lord! I sit here stripped and humbled."
According to Rev. Dr. James Forbes, The African-American Devotional Bible KJV, we have a responsibility to take time for our pain.
1. Face the pain in our lives, admitting its reality. It may be hard to face, but when we do, we can begin to work through it. We can live victoriously over it and not be mastered by it. ( I still have severe pain 24 hrs/7 days a week ~I now use alternative treatments for managing my pain level)
2. Trace the source of the pain in our lives. Sometimes we need an objective, outside observer to pinpoint things we don't see or won't see in our lives. (I realized that I needed to have my Major Depression Disorder properly treated. Once I did that I found my mind much more clearer. I could now make major changes to my pain management plan)
3. Finally, we need to "grace" the pain, that is, put it in its proper place. Romans 8:28 suggest that God uses pain and tribulation to make things right in our lives. (I admitted I had an addiction to pain medications in 2011. With God and my doctor and family's help I stopped taking them last August)

5 comments:

Hopesrising said...

Powerful Post. His words and Your yours!! Stopping by from Jumping Tandem. Beauiful photos as well.

Deidra said...

Thanks for sharing this part of your journey. Grace and peace to you as you make your way toward Easter.

Laura Rath said...

I hear a hopeful attitude in your words here. I believe God will use you to be a blessing to others.
Thanks for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment so I could find you here. Many blessings!
In Christ,
Laura

Debbie Crawford said...

May God continue to bring healing to your life!

caryjo said...

WHEW!!! You are walking in a way most of us don't have on our plate. One of my main mottoes is "God is Bigger" and I have to rely on that so often-- I haven't had physical pain issues, but I also was heading to serious addiction and suicide... and my Heavenly Father stepped in and redirected my life. Nothing could be kinder. You are on my heart.

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...