Thursday, April 19, 2012

Key Points of the Maine Dialect ~ Something You Probably Don't Know About Me!

I spent over 25 years living in Southern Maine.  So it shouldn't be a surprise that I picked up the accent.  When my husband was transferred  to San Diego, Marcus and I joined him. People would comment that they didn't understand me.  They thought I was from Canada.  What?!  "That's wicked crazy"! 

Since I was working in call centers I would listen to tapes, of my voice and practice daily to reduce the Maine accent. 

Our son likes to say I have 2 voices, the professional phone voice and Maine voice.  He's right!

Source: google.com via Rona on Pinterest

Over the years my accent has lessen but New Englanders will catch it. 

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...