Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Still Discovering The Secrets of Vinegar!

Ultimate Blog Party 2012
The Ultimate Blog Party 2012 is still going strong! Come join us!
Last month, I shared that I've finally got on the green cleaning kick using vinegar! I started with cleaning the coffeepot and using it in the dishwasher to prevent spots.
I went through the small bottle of vinegar so this time I purchased a 1 gallon of distilled vinegar for $4.
I'm now using it to clean and deodorize the microwave. I use one part water and vinegar in a small bowl, set the timer at 1 minute and than let it sit for a couple minutes. The food just wipes off with ease. And it just smells clean.
Here's some more ways to utilize vinegar in your house cleaning! "I like to keep a spray bottle of 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 rubbing alcohol to clean with.....it really shines up mirrors and faucets. Cheap too!" from I'm Living the Good Life!
Chief Family Officer says You can add some to a load of whites for extra brightness (but not too much or you'll smell it).

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...