Thursday, May 31, 2012

Clinical Depression: Suicide Awareness, Support and Prevention

Suicide.org - Suicide Prevention, Awareness, and Support! Mary Kennedy, wife of Robert F. Kennedy, was buried this month, after she had committed suicide. Mrs. Kennedy suffered from years of depression and substance abuse.
This times like this that I want to remind people that signs of suicidal should be taken seriously. I know about this because I attempted suicide in April 2010. My husband discovered me, called the ambulance and was committed to a mental institution.
While I was at the mental institution I came face-to-face with my Major Depression, went through the grieving process, accepted help and finally, proper medication! Thank you Heavenly Father for bringing me to my knees!

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...