Thursday, May 03, 2012

Dealing With My Hair Loss ~ Previous Blog Post March 25, 2011

Did you know that hair loss can be attributed to Fibro? I didn't know that tell I was speaking with another wig wearer. **************************************************************** Despite the fact that wigs, hair extensions and hair pieces are much more acceptable these days the realization that my I am suffering from hair loss has not been easy.
As recently as this week, I've cry in the shower so that my family won't hear me. Hair loss is devastating to a woman! I've done lots of research on selecting, wearing and care for wigs. There's so many articles and online videos on the subject. This information has made me feel a little better. It's seems there's a need for it.
I decided that I'm going to have my relaxed hair cut off. This will leave me with a very short natural cut. I figure this decision will make the transition much easier.
My family's response to me wearing wigs has been interesting. Marcus has been making jokes about my side of the closet shelf turning into a wig gallery. Charles, my husband, says I should consider buying 7 wigs and naming them after the days of the week. Kiana has suggested that I continue to have my hair colored and wear a very short natural style, along with wearing wigs.
Charles took my wig size measurements so I can select the right size. We looked at hair swatches and several styles at Especially Yours. This part is very overwhelming but between the two of us we were able to narrow the wish list down to 3 choices. I then ordered my first wig yesterday!

2 comments:

Simone said...

You are so gorgeous no matter if you're wearing your hair short or wearing a wig. I'm sure it beats having to worry about bad hair days!

Tiffany @ DontWastetheCrumbs said...

I can only imagine the emotional struggle it is to lose your hair. Such strength and grace He is showing through you!

I don't know if a stranger's opinion matters, but I personally adore your natural hair color and cut. It reminds me of a woman I used to work with while in college. She was meek and humble and so kind. I think your natural color/style makes you look the same!

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...