Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Informing That I Am A Severe Chronic Pain Sufferer!

I think it's important to share my condition with people. After all, do I look like I've been suffering from severe chronic pain for 12 years?
At this year's dentist cleaning I spent 4 hours at the office! It wasn't because my teeth were in bad shape but because of the numerous breaks I needed to take to stretch and walk around to avoid pain flare-ups. *pain flare-ups are additional inflammation, pain and muscle spasms
When I informed the dentist staff of my compressed cervical discs, herniated lumbar discs, myofascial pain syndrome and Fibro they responded with options, for my comfort.
Option 1: clean the half of my mouth, schedule another appointment to clean the other Option 2: take numerous breaks to walk around and stretch
Even though I did have muscle spasms in my mouth and neck, I was able to walk out of the office without waddling. "And that's a good thing"!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Have to say, you look good despite being in constant pain.

I hope you don't mind me dropping by to say "hello!" - I'm doing Laura Rath's book study re: "Do you know who I AM?" too. Just got started on the book today Looking forward to the comments... Take care.

Wendy

Grandma Becky said...

Looking good, my friend. NO, you cannot tell by looking at someone what they suffer from. I was ringing up a purchase today for a man, he didn't say much then he made an ok sign with his hand and uttered something that made me realize he was deaf. He walked off with a smile! Sigh! At least I can be kind, as with anyone! Hugs!

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...