Saturday, May 12, 2012

It's National Fibromyalgia Awareness Day!

I had been suffering from numerous nerve pain issues since 2000 so when the doctor diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia in 2009, I thought "About time but now what?!"
At this time Fibromyalgia doesn't have the huge corporate sponsors and media coverage like breast cancer but I believe our time will come.
Did you know that studies have shown that, in some cases Fibromyalgia sufferers who reduce their intake of sugars, processed foods and caffeine have stated they feel better? I can definitely testify to that since I have incorporated many of the diet suggestions since last August! (click here for more about the Fibro diet)
In my 12 year pain journey, I have battled severe depression, attempted suicide, lost my hair, went through opioid withdraws, quit working and completed the grieving process numerous times!
Today, I've chosen to manage my Fibromyalgia symptoms through homeopathic and alternative methods. I've finally found a sense of calmness in my life amongst the turbulence. I pray daily that every Fibromyalgia and chronic pain sufferer find their place of calm in the storm!

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...