Sunday, May 06, 2012

Our Movie Review of "Bridesmaids"

Last night, the hubby and I decided to watch "Bridesmaids" starring Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Ellie Kemper, and Melissa McCarthy on DVD.
In case you don't know the synopsis of this movie it goes like this. Annie, starring Kristen Wiig, is named her best friend Lillian, starring Maya Rudolph, maid of honor. Annie's competition is Helen, starring Rose Byrne, who's wealthy, beautiful and seems to have it all going on. Along the way to the wedding, Annie's down-on-her-luck life gets worst.
Charles and I found ourselves fast forwarding throughout this movie. There's lots of needless conversation going on and bad jokes. On a positive side we loved Melissa McCarthy's character, Megan. She has the best scenes in the movie!
So, to wrap this up, this isn't a $10 bucket of popcorn movie and not even worth popping a bowl of Orville Redenbacher movie theater popcorn, at home!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I felt the same way about Bridesmaids when I watched it for the first time. I decided to give the movie another chance and watch it again, this time with my husband. We actually really liked it! I thought it was pretty funny, but I can understand why you didn't care for it.

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...