Thursday, May 31, 2012

Plus-size Fashion Blogger Rebuts Critics: 'I'm All for Health'

Plus-size 'fatkini' blogger rebuts critics: 'I'm all for health'  

If you haven't heard about this story let me give you the highlights.  Gabi Gregg, full figured fashion blogger, decided to post a photo of her wearing a bikini and suggested others do the same.   The story went viral, people praised and criticized her and the media came a calling!

Source: monifc.com via Rona on Pinterest


This summer I've seen more bikinis and swimsuits offered for the curvy gal.  And as a full figured gal, wearing a 18 top and 14 pant, I'm thrilled!   I enjoy swimming, like to have choices when going to the pool and want to look good doing it.

Source: monifc.com via Rona on Pinterest

I definitely support Gabi when she said  “Don't let body shame keep you from having a good time!”  And I don't think she's saying that women shouldn't be healthy. The critics are reading too much into it.

Source: amazon.com via Rona on Pinterest

2 comments:

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Great post! These ladies are gorgeous. Amen on not having a good time!

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

Betsy, I agree. The ladies look amazing!

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...