Thursday, May 17, 2012

School Board, teachers union clash over job cuts - News - ReviewJournal.com

School Board, teachers union clash over job cuts - News - ReviewJournal.com

While I no longer have a child in school I do follow the local education news.  Clark County School District, Las Vegas, Nevada, has announced layoffs and the teachers union isn't having any of it!  They state there's plenty of money to cover salaries and the school district says no.  This is one argument that has no winners.    While both parties are discussing this issue I'm looking at our high high school drop out rate over the last 5 years.  To me that's what everyone should be embarrassed at!

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...