Sunday, June 10, 2012

"All The President's Men" ~ I Love This Movie!

  Marcus, our son, was talking about conspiracies one day and that got me to thinking of Watergate, which got me thinking about one of the best movies I've seen, "All The Presidents Men" starring Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman.  So I added it to the Netflix queue, forgot about it till it arrived in the mail last Tuesday.. 
 
The movie is a 1976 award winning film based on the book by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein, the 2 journalists that investigated the Watergate scandal for The Washington Post

Robert Redford and producers took great pains to the book and settings.  The DVD has a commentary by Mr. Redford that was very insightful.  

I remember seeing the hype about the movie when I was a teenager but not truly understanding what it was about. Years later I found myself more interested in seeing the film!

The writing, acting and details are amazing.  I find myself getting sucked into the story every time I watch this movie!  This is great movie to watch with your teens so they can see how things were before iPhones, tablets and the Internet.  "What's a phone book"?

My son got a kick out of watching the characters using devices such as a payphone. "What's he doing Mom"?  But he also learned some political history too. 

This film is definitely worth of bucket of Orville Redenbacher movie theater popcorn!

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...