Friday, June 01, 2012

Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life: Living Rooms ~ June 1, 2012

Here's a few photos of our living room space, in our apartment. I really do love the light that we get from the patio. We also love the open space to the kitchen and dining area. My decorating goal is always to turn an apartment into a home! Our style...fun, clean, personal. Thanks Kelly's Korner for hosting Show Us Your Life.
I like clipping out magazine photos and placing them in frames. My favorite magazines for clipping are Real Simple and Country Living.
A view of our living room space from our dining area.
A view from the front door.
A photo of our beloved Toby, The Wonder Dog next to our family renewal ceremony cake topper.
I love black & white photos. Charles' sisters, his parents' wedding and on the left bottom are my parents at an awards dinner.
Our ever changing wall gallery.
A basket, that I purchased from Big Lots to store our shoes. I hate a dirty carpet!
This quote is from a homeless teen who recently graduated from high school. I purchased the chalkboard from a Etsy store.
A place to display old greeting cards, postcards and memories. I like to change it monthly. Thank you for stopping by!

9 comments:

AKA Jane Random said...

I love the box for shoes! I need to get one of those!

Megan said...

Thanks for your sweet comments. I just love your photo displays! I need to do a better job placing pictures around my house.

Natasha said...

I love the idea of framing magazine pictures! And I love the greeting card display. I'm always looking for ways to display cards.

Natasha said...

I tried leaving a comment so if it worked you can just ignore this one. I love the idea of framing magazine pictures! And I also like the greeting card holder. I need a good way to store cards.

Jamie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I need a shoe basket, too. :) And, don't you LOVE having a gallery wall?? I love it!

Jill said...

I love the black and white photos and that frame is cool. Also love the idea of framing magazine photos. I have some framed photos from a calendar that I love.

Robyn said...

I like the basket for shoes too! Ours are just all over the place.

Nirupama said...

I love all the gallery space on your wall and how you mix magazine prints with so many great family photos. We take our shoes off (or try to) on the rugs too...I think it helps :)

Erin said...

What a great idea of framing magazine pages. I like your wall of frames.

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...