Sunday, June 24, 2012

Longtime Use of Pain Medicines: Acid Reflux

"Okay, I now know I have acid reflux so you want to write me a prescription?" "And my long time use of opioids and anti-depressants may be contributing to the problem"? "I think I'll pass on the medications and pursue a homeopathic treatment". When I started my online research I noticed a common recommendation, Aloe Vera Juice. Charles and I had the opportunity to try Aloe Vera Juice at a health food store. His bothering tummy cleared up within minutes of drinking the recommended daily 8 oz cup. In my case, my pinched nerve, in my neck felt less painful. The chronic inflammation that I have also reduced a bit. So, we're going back to the health food store to purchase some Aloe Vera Juice. Oh, by the way the doctor looked very confused when I refused any medications.

2 comments:

Grandma Becky said...

Aloe vera juice is a good thing. I used to drink it. I've used aloe vera gel on cuts and sunburns and bruises for years. I hope it helps you. Meds have there place and there's always some side effect. Take care!

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

Grandma Becky, thank you for sharing your experience with aloe vera juice.
I'm learning so much about alternative methods and homeopathic medicine this year.

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...