Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bruce Springsteen Speaks About His Depression

Recently Bruce Springsteen spoke about his years of struggle with depression in a New Yorker article. Over the years he has dealt with deep depression, including suicidal thoughts.
Here's an excerpt from the article: In 1982, he started seeing a psychotherapist. At a concert years later, Springsteen introduced his song “My Father’s House” by recalling what the therapist had told him about those nighttime trips to Freehold: “He said, ‘What you’re doing is that something bad happened, and you’re going back, thinking that you can make it right again. Something went wrong, and you keep going back to see if you can fix it or somehow make it right.’
And I sat there and I said, ‘That is what I’m doing.’ And he said, ‘Well, you can’t.’ ”
It was after reading this I realized I learned something about my struggle with moving on. Thanks Bruce!

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...