Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Did You Know That I Used to Have a Fulltime Work at Home Job?

I used to work at home for CenturyLink, a telecommunications company, as a full time Residential Phone Repair Tech from my home office, for more than a year.
The job was an okay fit for me because of my chronic pain and multiple conditions don't allow me to work in a traditional work environment. I worked 4 hours, had 3 hours off than 4 hours on.
I was hired as an employee, paid bi-weekly with health, vision and dental benefits, as well as retirement and stock options.
Every work day I walked into my home office, started up the computer, logged onto their remote servers and signed in. My primary duties were to take phone calls from resident customers who were having phone issues. Sometimes I could solve them over the phone other times I issued a work order.
Many people with chronic health issues want to work at home. It is possible to secure legitimate work.
Check out Rat Race Rebellion. That's where I was able to find a link to apply for the CenturyLink position.

Source: houzz.com via Maureen on Pinterest

Workplacelikehome is a free virtual water cooler message board for people who work at home and who are looking for work at home jobs. I have been a member since 2005, while working for West Corporation and found it an extremely helpful tool.

4 comments:

The Single Nester said...

Thanks for the info. I think working from home is great. I do it :)

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

The Single Nester, Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog.
Working at home can be a great fit for lots of people.

Jean said...

Thanks for sharing. I've been exploring work at home options. I'm also stopping by to let you know you've been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award!

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

Thank you Jean!

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...