Friday, July 06, 2012

Does Your Hubby Hold Your Purse?

"When you're a single woman picturing the guy of your dreams, what matters a heck of lot more than how he handles a kayak is how he handles things when you're sick. And one shining example of this is how a guy deals with your purse." Source: "Will he hold your purse?" Boston.com. 10/04/2009.
When you're dealing with a chronic or terminal illness, you're going into the treatment room, will he hold your purse?
I can't tell you how many times my husband, The Purse Partner, has held my purse when I had to go have x-rays, treatments and such, over the last 12 years. While reading the article, I actually get very teary-eyed writing this because I remember when he was there every time a doctor told me I wasn't going to get better. My hubby would just squeezed my hand, in that reassuring way he does.
I'm so glad I married a purse holder!

1 comment:

Grandma Becky said...

My hubby carries my purse sometimes and sometimes even wears it over his shoulder. Also will carry my tripod and set it up! Nice! Glad you have a good hubby as well! Hugs!

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...