Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hidradenitis Suppurativa Sufferers ~ You're Not Alone

I've actually been a sufferer of the condition since my mid-20's but like many I didn't discuss it much because I was embarrassed. I didn't even tell my husband about it till we moved in together because I couldn't hide it from him.
Hidradenitis Suppurativa is a chronic form of acne. The breakouts are painful and can be triggered by stress, humidity, or hormonal changes. The outbreaks typically occur in armpits and private areas. I usually can keep the breakouts to a minimum by taking 1000mgs of Vitamin C, reducing my stress and watching my daily caffeine intake. But when I have a severe one(s) I head to the doctor for a prescription of antibiotics.
Check out the Facebook online support group. They're very active and informative. I also found a few websites that you may find helpful. Here's just a few:
HS USA
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Foundation

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...