Saturday, August 11, 2012

Hot Flashes! It's Either Your Fibro or Peri-Menopause: Who Cares?! I'm Frickin' Hot!

I just knew this day would come!
I turned 50 yrs old this year. My mother had terrible hot flashes so I knew there was a chance I might have them. Hot flashes can also be a symptom of Fibromyalgia.
And of course I would be suffering from hot flashes during one of the hottest summers, on record, in Las Vegas. As, I'm typing this it's 8:22pm and 105 degrees outside! Yuck!
The frequency of the hot flashes have been getting worst for about 2 weeks. It's now an everyday event with my son putting an ice pack on my head when he sees me breaking out in a sweat.

Source: bing.com via Chrissy on Pinterest

I knew I was in trouble when I took 6 showers in one day! So enough is enough! I've cutback on the coffee, increasing the yoga to 5 days a week, and will be purchasing a bottle of Black Cohosh, from my favorite health store. I'm looking at adding soy to my diet. (not a huge fan of tofu)

Source: etsy.com via Megg on Pinterest

Relief cannot be here soon enough!

1 comment:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh I so feel your pain. Been having hot flashes for years and they are not any fun at all. This hot weather just seems to make it worse. Thanks so much for the visit and your gracious comments. I really appreciate it. Hugs, Marty

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...