Monday, September 10, 2012

Invisible Illness: What to Say, What Not to Say and How to Help

I'm attending the Invisible Illness Awareness Virtual Conference this week.  After viewing this video I wanted to share it on my blog! 
Sherri and Wayne Connell, Invisible Disabilities Association (IDA), speak about what people can do to help and say to those with a hidden chronic illness.  I learned that we need to remember that we have no idea how severe their symptoms are so per-judging is definitely not a good idea.  ps even those of us with severe chronic pain do this!  Anyways, enough of that...enjoy the video and feel free to share with others.

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...