Sunday, September 02, 2012

Jumping Tandem Sundays ~ Humility

On Friday, I was listening to Joyce Meyer's Enjoying Everyday Life. Her topic was Humility. Thank you Jumping Tandem for hosting Sundays.
I loved it when she said, "You have to be comfortable with your weakness". It reminded me when I made the decision to quit taking opioids.
First, I had to admit and accept the fact that I was weak when it came to my pain medications. It was only when I truly accepted it I heard the Heavenly Father say, "You can do this".
I then decided to tapper off and quit taking my pills. It wasn't pleasant...I knew that and accepted it...but I got through it with His love and support keeping me strong. As of this August, I've been 1 year clean!

4 comments:

Renee said...

Congrats! Thank God that He gives the strength and guidance we need to make these big decisions. Thanks for sharing your personal experience with us. Blessings!

Debbie Huffaker said...

I love transparency and honesty. I quit taking my prescription anti-depressants in January because I felt God leading me to make that decision. It wasn't easy...but I got thru it with HIS help and am happier and healthier, mentally, than I have been in many years. Yes, God is good!!!

Thoughts for the day said...

Good job, amazing and honest. Thank you for sharing 'your story'.

caryjo said...

I avoid any kind of meds possible. Have a final neurological test tomorrow. Still don't want to take anything, unless there ain't no choice. Especially something that will make me not able to think or take care of the basics.

I'm very happy for you and proud of you for hearing our Lord and having the courage to put yourself in a different zone. And so pleased that it came out well for you.

Blessings.

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...