Friday, October 19, 2012

Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life: My Favorite Charities/Non-Profits

Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life weekly topic is your favorite charities and non-profits. I'm looking forward to visiting the participant's blogs. There's probably many charities I've never heard of.

Below I've shared mine and our family's all time favorites. We usually give end of the year money donations, no matter how small.

I find that one can show support via Twitter, Facebook and blogging to bring more attention to their causes, as well.

If you would like to join in stop by Kelly's Korner.
Boys & Girls Clubs of America Marcus started attending the Clairemont San Diego club when he was small. He continued on till we moved to Las Vegas. The club was there when my husband was in the hospital providing much needed supervision and counseling to Marcus. Marcus was the club's Youth of the Year in 2007.
American Cancer Society My husband and I have lost those near and dear to us to cancer so we make an end of the year donation. And when his uncle passed we made a donation in lieu of flowers.
Nevada SPCA This is the non-kill animal sanctuary that we adopted our beloved Toby from. And when we lost our home we were able to surrender Toby knowing he would have great medical care and a loving home. I receive their tweets and am a Facebook friend. I always make sure to retweet and share the adorable adoptable pets!
Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth When Kiana came to live with us, in 2010, we learned of this organization.

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...