Friday, October 19, 2012

Roasted Acorn Squash Recipe

I found these acorn squash not as difficult to cut in half. Usually my son or husband will cut them because the outer skin is very hard.
I used some cinnamon, butter, and brown sugar on both halves. Set the oven at 400 degrees for up to 40 mins. Sometimes I'll scoop the squash out, mash it and add some cinnamon, butter and brown sugar to taste.

Besides the fact that it taste delicious, acorn squash has fiber, vitamins A & C and manganese. Manganese has antioxidant properties which can be beneficial to chronic pain sufferers!

Roasted Acorn Squash

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...