Friday, November 02, 2012

Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life: Desserts

Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life topic for this week is desserts! Just in time for the holiday season!

Our family favorite desserts are cake and fry bread!

I first discovered the strawberry fridge cake on Pinterest, this summer. We love strawberries, cake and that's its kept in the fridge. I'll definitely be making it again!
strawberry fridge cake

Marcus and I first came across fry bread while living in Maine. There it's called fried dough. It's typically served at fairs.

I forgot about it after moving to San Diego but when he needed an American Indian recipe for a school project we came across our go to recipe!
frybread

2 cups white flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
Deep hot oil in frypan or fryer

Sift dry ingredients. Lightly stir in milk. Add more flour as necessary to make a dough you can handle. Kneed and work the dough on a floured board with floured hands until smooth. Pinch off fist-sized limps and shape into a small disk. (everyone has their own characteristic shapes. (Shape affects the taste, by the way because of how it fries).

We make them about the size of our palm, brush with unsalted butter and sprinkle with confectionery sugar.

For Indian tacos, the disk must be rather flat, with a depression--almost a hole-- in the center of both sides. Make it that way if the fry bread is going to have some sauce over it. Smaller, round ones are made to put on a plate. Fry in fat *about 375 degrees until golden and done on both sides, about 5 minutes. Drain on a cooling rack.

9 comments:

Leah said...

That fry bread looks awesome. Does it taste anything like funnel cake?

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

My husband says fry bread and funnel cakes taste the same.
It's been a very long time since I had funnel cake that I can't compare.

Anonymous said...

I'm from Boston, and i love my fired dough... i'm goin to try this recipe :).....
I hope it comes out good like I remembere.. so i think you....
Ps. Fired dough is nothing like funnel cake..
:)
JONELLE TOLEDO xoxox

Nina Im said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe!! I have only found recipes with dry milk so this will save me a trip to the store!

Anonymous said...

The Indian fry bread I had did not taste like funnel cake. It is really good if you make an Indian taco. Chili beans, tomatoes, lettuce and onions. It's awesome. Had one at a pow wow and every year I go back I make sure I hit that stand.

Rona Berry-Morin said...

You're welcome Nina.

Rona Berry-Morin said...

Yes, I'm a Portland ME girl. Fried dough isn't similar to a funnel cake.

Vlx3x Com said...

Tổng hợp phim sex chất lượng hd.
beeg.com phim học sinh sin viên mới nhất
vungtrom.com Phim làm tình vụng trộm với hàng xóm
lauxanh.us Phim gái lầu xanh đi khách
xnxx.com Phim japan HD
xvideos.com Tổng hợp clip quay lén xvideos
yo69.com Phim loạn luân yo69 mới nhất

Jerre Miller said...

I like to make fry bread with goats milk. Gives a really good taste to the bread. Indian tacos are so awesome. Good stuff, Maynard!