Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Seeking Help During The Holidays ~ Suicide Prevention

During the holidays many people suffer greatly with their depression. Many chronic illness sufferers, in my Facebook groups, comment on not feeling worthy. And then there's the loneliness and isolation that contribute to their sadness.

Please remember that suicide is never the solution to any problem. When I read the family and friends Facebook comments at the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline it breaks my heart!

I definitely wasn't thinking of the pain I was inflicting on my husband and son. But at the time I was living with the severe pain, that was deep in my bone marrow. It was till I was committed to a mental institution, after a suicide attempt, and given a combination of anti-depressants, that I was finally free!

If you or someone you know is thinking about suicide, please call 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...