Saturday, January 19, 2013

5 Minutes for Mom Pin It Friday ~ Use Things Around the House!

Many of us are turning to homemade cleaning products these days. Whether. it's because they want to cut down on harmful chemicals or to save money, It's a good thing! (Thanks Martha Stewart)

Here's just a few that I discovered from Pinterest. Thanks to 5 Minutes for Mom for hosting Pin It Friday.

Source: food.com via Rona on Pinterest

Dawn & White Vinegar for cleaning sinks, faucets and showers

Ceramic tile grout cleaner

Source: food.com via Rona on Pinterest

Heavy duty floor cleaner recipe: ¼ cup white vinegar 1 tablespoon liquid dish soap ¼ cup baking soda 2 gallons tap water , very warm. Once a month.

All natural homemade furniture dusting spray

To clean a cast iron skillet, toss about 1/2 cup coarse salt into the pan and rub with a soft sponge. The salt removes excess oils and takes off the bits of food without messing with the seasoning of the pan. kitchen

1-2 cups of water w/ 1-2 tblsp of vinegar put in a microwave bowl and put in microwave for 5 minutes

3 comments:

Diane Higdon said...

Now I just have to start cleaning. I love the idea for the microwave. :)

Kim said...

Good tips!! My sister just told me the dish soap and vinegar mixture is amazing.

Anne Payne said...

I was looking for natural ways to clean and these are great tips at just the right time. I definitely needed something for my cast iron pan! Thanks so much for posting these :) Have a great week!

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...