Friday, January 25, 2013

Rockin' Your Curvy Figure! HuffPost Live~ Full Figure Fashionista


I had to share this fashion segment for curvy ladies! Why? Because media mostly ignores us!

Let's start with the bra! For many busty ladies we know we should have supportive bras but for years they didn't look pretty but more like a piece of armor! And how often should you get measured and replace your bras?

Maybe your question is about how to adapt clothing trends to your curves. (that's been my issue for years) Or my question: what fashions should I now chose without looking frumpy or too young?

I actually never considered myself a fashionista. I've tried to select clothes that are comfortable and stylish. Many times I failed! But as I get ready to celebrate my 51st birthday next week I realized it's time to take another look at my wardrobe.

HuffPost Live recently did a segment titled "Full Figured Fashionistas". The guest included 2 female full figured fashion bloggers, a spokesperson from Linda the Bra Lady and a HuffPost Live fashion commenter.

I'll point out some of the highlights: Get yourself professionally sized for a bra, wear a supportive bra, replace your bra every 6-9 months, there's more bra choices for curvy ladies and one can take a trend, revamp it for the curvy lady!

Whoo! Now that's a lot to take in so let's check out the show! And make notes!

1 comment:

Leslie aka Mother Robin said...

Great post! My formerly flat, underweight, Twiggy daughter is really excited that she has put on curves. Not everyone wants to be a rail! Love who God made you!

Mother Robin's Notes from the Nest

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...