Thursday, January 03, 2013

Tonight's Dinner: It's Roasted Turkey

I've shared on my blog that I've never cooked a whole turkey before. In our household, my husband or our son has had that privileged. They really enjoyed putting their personal spin on their turkey recipes.

So, when I decided to cook the turkey today, that was thawing in the fridge, Marcus informed me it was time for me to have a turn. Ugh!

There's lots of pressure because if it's dry I'll never hear the end of it! So, before I did any seasoning I immediately headed to Martha Stewart for some tips. With my dining room table covered with several cookbooks, lots of handwritten notes and I'm ready to go.

I decided to use the soaked cheesecloth method, basting every 30 minutes, 350 degrees, since my husband follows this and the turkey turns out beautifully.

The turkey smells and looks delicious!

Unfortunately, I have no personal photos to share. Boo!! The Kodak camera's door latch snapped off. It was still under warranty. After a quick call to Office Depot and was mailed back for a replacement last week!

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...