Monday, February 04, 2013

Today is Thank A Mailman Day!

When we moved to Las Vegas, started working as self storage property managers, we became friendly with Christine, our mail carrier. She was so nice, answered questions about the neighborhood and even referred our location a few times. Little did we know that our sons had met each other, through their distance high school program and become friends!

My second mail carrier story goes like this. One day, I was waiting for the mail carrier to finish sorting the mail into the apartment complex mail slots. We started talking, discovered both of us had moved from San Diego. He stopped what he was doing, turned to me and said, "Did you live on Clairemont Mesa Blvd, Apt..."? I said, "Yes"? And he said, "I used to deliver your mail in San Diego"? It seems he recognized my last name, Berry-Morin, on the mail and was thinking I might be the same person!

What a wonderful world we live in!

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...