Friday, March 29, 2013

Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life: Date Night Ideas

This week's topic at Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life is Date Night Ideas. When our son was younger it was always an issue finding appropriate child care for him. We would actually take the day off, go out for lunch or an early dinner, while he was in school. Once my husband even surprised me with a whale watching cruise!

heading out to see "Skyfall"

Now that our son is grown, and we're on a limited budget, our date nights are a treat! Last year, my husband and I actually went to the movies, after not going for 3 years! We actually ask each other, "Is this a $10 bucket of popcorn worthy movie"?

We also like to go out to dinner but again, we keep it infrequent so that it still feels special!

For a no cost date idea, we love to go window shopping. I usually have my camera and enjoy taking photos of things we like. Target, Home Depot, Big Lots are just a few of our favorite stores.

I look forward to seeing other Show Us Your Life Date Night Ideas!

2 comments:

Simone said...

I think inexpensive date ideas are great. I like driving to the coast even if it's just raining to listen to the waves. We also barn chase on the way. (Me oooing and awwwing over the barns that I see.)

Grandma Becky said...

When we want to see a movie, either wait til it comes out om dvd and get a pizza or make a pizza and watch movie. Sometimes we go go a place where movie is good$3 and eat there as well, total $22 with movie and food.

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...