Sunday, April 07, 2013

Jumping Tandem Sunday: Please Say a Prayer of Comfort for Those Suffering From Mental Illness

It was announced, on Saturday, Pastor Rick Warren released a letter to his church, advising that his son, committed suicide. According to the family, Matthew Warren, had been suffering from depression for years, seek counseling and struggled with the pain.


As a Major Depression Disorder sufferer, who survived a suicide attempt 3 years ago, I understand how deep the pain and dark the place, one can find themselves. I woke up, in a hospital, strapped to the bed and then later, put into an ambulance, committed to a mental institution! It was there, knelled on a cold, dirty floor, that I heard and felt the Heavenly Father's voice and love.

The following bible verse is bookmarked so that I can read it daily! When I recognize my daily physical and emotional pain I able to accept the Heavenly Father's gift of strength to see me through.

6 comments:

Hangingwithangie said...

My brother suffers from mental illness and as a family we have had our moments. So I do understand. My prayers are with you for continued healing.

Thoughts for the day said...

Your open testimony is powerful. I am glad you chose life.

momma-lana said...

Our 22 year old daughter has struggled with depression since she was 16. We recently found out that she was very severely deficient in magnesium. We saw a complete turn around in her in just a few weeks. Magnesium deficiency causes all sorts of problems in the brain. You might consider googling it. It is very interesting. I am SO very thankful that God showed me this so that I could help my daughter.

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

I thank everyone for their comments.
It's only by discussing depression, in an open forum, can we encourage people to seek help and peace.

caryjo said...

I struggled with depression and considered suicide, but called it something else. The Lord always broke through. Life can certainly be a struggle. HEAVEN will NOT be... we will be healed, and placed in that godly service for eternity. I rely on that knowledge.

Thank you.

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

Caryjo,
Thank you so much for sharing your journey. May you continue to experience healing.

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...