Monday, April 29, 2013

Menu Plan Monday ~ April 29, 2013

We spent Saturday, April 20 to 25, offline! It was wonderful to re-focus on more important tasks, like my cross stitch, re-organizing closets and the home office. I even read a few books, went to the public library and updated my library card!



Our son, Marcus, even hung out with us, watched TV, eat dinner at the table and had plenty of laughs and conversation!

My husband caught up on some TV programs that he had been meaning to watch. We also had fun cooking and shopping together!

So what did we learn from our 'disconnect from the Internet' experience? ~Take time to cut off the computer, walk away and enjoy our lives!

Falafel Sandwiches

Pioneer Woman's Meatloaf, Salad, Mashed Potatoes

Ham and Potato Cream Soup

Turkey Sandwiches

Roasted Chicken Thighs, Salad, Rice

Thanks to Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday!

5 comments:

Angela Horne said...

LOVE Pioneer Woman :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Sarah K. said...

I keep thinking I'm going to pick one day a week to totally disconnect from the internet. I think, if I cut out computers for a day though, would it include my smart phone? And then I kick myself for being that addicted!

I'm going to have to go look up Pioneer Woman's meatloaf recipe. I've only made meatloaf once and it didn't turn out well at all. Maybe a different recipe would help.

Nichole said...

I need to do a Disconnect week, but I don't know if I could handle it!

Keri said...

I could use a disconnect week too. Your menu looks delicious!

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

Yes, disconnecting for a week has definitely been a blessing. I highly recommend it.

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...