Thursday, April 18, 2013

Suicide Prevention Hotline: Seeking Help During Trying Times

3 years ago, this month, I was in a mental institution for attempting suicide. The Heavenly Father came to me, letting me know that he still loved me and never left me. After being home, I commented on a blog post, regarding suicide and faith.



After my suicidal attempt in April and being committed I now know how serious my depression really is.

I also know that the triggers that lead me towards this decision and my lack of faith overwhelmed me.

I now am working hard to regain the trust I once had from our teenage son and my husband.

But most importantly myself. Because I never thought I was capable of making the decision to end my life.

If you or know someone who's displaying signs that they will commit suicide please call 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

2 comments:

Simone said...

I so know what it's like. Two weeks ago, on the spur of the moment, I went there. I took more vicodin than necessary because I was tired of the pain and the "not know why" the pain existed. I didn't think for a moment what that would do and who I would leave behind. I appreciate you being honest about it from the get go. I was selfish in my reaction and one of my daughters let me know that she was not wanting to trust me anymore because she saw me differently. Thank you for speaking up about this, Rona.

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

Simone,
My heart aches for you in that moment. I'm so glad that you were able to express your thoughts and pain here.
Just know that I'm hear for you. All my love and prayers.

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...